- 1Benedictus in CCharles Villiers Stanford
- 2Beati Quorum Via Charles Villiers Stanford
- 3Watts' Cradle SongCharles Villers Stanford
- 4Te Deum in CCharles Villiers Stanford
- 5Justorum AnimaeCharles Villiers Stanford
- 6A song of wisdom - I came forthCharles Villers Stanford
- 7Oh! For a Closer Walk with GodCharles Villiers Stanford
- 8When, in Our Music, God is GlorifiedCharles Villiers Stanford (tune: Engelberg)
- 9For Lo, I Raise UpCharles Villiers Stanford
- 10Coelos Ascendit HodieCharles Villiers Stanford
- 11Come, ye thankful people, comeCharles Villiers Stanford
- 12If ye then be risen with ChristCharles Villiers Stanford
- 13The Lord is my shepherdCharles Villiers Stanford
- 14Psalm 150 Charles Villiers Stanford
Enjoy amazing audio
This album is available in Super HD audio, bringing you music just the way the artist intended it to be. Super HD is a perfect reproduction of original studio masters with unmatched clarity and brillance. Try it today.
Stanford: Choral Music
Winchester College Chapel Choir, Malcolm Archer & Jamal Sutton
- ComposerCharles V Stanford
- ChoirWinchester College Chapel Choir
- DirectorMalcolm Archer
- OrganistJamal Sutton
- ProducerAndrew King
- PhotographyDaniel Hawkins
- Cover PortraitAlison Archer
- EngineerAdaq Khan
- Editor & mixingIsa Khan
- Creative DirJohn Bevan
- Exec ProducerAdrian Green
Stanford: Choral Music
“The sacred choral music of Charles Villiers Stanford, recorded by Winchester College Chapel Choir, with the new Dobson organ in Merton College Chapel, Oxford."
This delightful collection includes some of Stanford’s best-known choral music alongside a number of works that are rarely performed and recorded.
Generously supported by the Stanford Society, the booklet programme notes have been compiled by Professor Jeremy Dibble, a leading authority on the composer’s music. The cover portrait was commissioned for this release and included in the booklet are a number of images of Stanford’s manuscripts, kindly reproduced with permission from the Royal School of Church Music.
Winchester College Chapel Choir
Winchester College Quiristers (trebles) have for over 625 years sung services in Winchester College Chapel. In modern times they have formed a choir (Winchester College Chapel Choir) renowned for its excellence, under the masterful direction of Malcolm Archer.
In addition to singing four services each week in the College Chapel, the Quiristers regularly broadcast and record. In recent years the Chapel Choir has sung in the USA, Canada, Germany, the Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Italy, France, Holland and Russia. They also perform a fascinating mix of both sacred and secular repertoire and regularly sing in London, where performances have included the BBC Promenade Concerts. They also frequently appear on TV and Radio. On three occasions since the Millennium, Quiristers have won the title of BBC Young Chorister of the Year, by any standards an outstanding record.
- 22 Feb 2018 Mozart Requiem “A unique group of young singers who perform to the highest standards” (Steven Whitehead)
- 21 Feb 2018 Handel: Neun Deutsche Arien / Penelope Appleyard “A pleasure from first note to last” (Catherine Bott)
- 27 Jan 2018 Interview with Malcolm Archer on Winchester College Chapel Choir & Mozart’s Requiem (Cross Rhythms)
- 21 Nov 2017 Handel: Neun Deutsche Arien “Engaging and colourful version of Handel’s sacred chamber music” (Robert Hugill ★★★★★)
- 4 Oct 2017 Mozart: Requiem “An appealing, lively and fresh, [the musicians] coping with the technical demands admirably…” (Robert Hugill ★★★★)