- 1Introitus: Requiem aeternamWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 2Kyrie eleisonWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 3Dies iraeWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 4Tuba mirumWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 5Rex tremendaeWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 6RecordareWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 7ConfutatisWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 8LacrimosaWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 9Domine JesuWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 10HostiasWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 11SanctusWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 12BenedictusWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 13Agnus DeiWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 14Lux aeternaWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 15Cum sanctis tuisWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Enjoy amazing audio
This album is available in Super HD audio, bringing you music just the way the artist intended it to be. Super HD is a perfect reproduction of original studio masters with unmatched clarity and brillance. Try it today.
Malcolm Archer, Winchester College Chapel Choir, London Mozart Players, Sarah Fox, Diana Moore, John Mark Ainsley, Ashley Riches
- ComposerWolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- ConductorMalcolm Archer
- ChoirWinchester College Chapel Choir
- EnsembleLondon Mozart Players
- SopranoSarah Fox
- AltoDiana Moore
- TenorJohn Mark Ainsley
- BassAshley Riches
- Cover ImageAlison Archer
- EngineeringAdaq Khan
- MasteringAdaq Khan
- ProducerAndrew King
- Creative DirJohn Bevan
- Exec ProducerAdrian Green
A cornerstone of choral repertoire, Mozart’s Requiem has been performed and recorded by many leading artists. This performance conducted by Malcolm Archer with Winchester College Chapel Choir, London Mozart Players, and soloists Sarah Fox, Diana Moore, John Mark Ainsley & Ashley Riches delivers a compelling performance: combining the thrilling clarity of Winchester College choir, a star studded line up of soloists and the integrity of the countries longest established orchestra in Süssmayr’s completion of the work.
Winchester College Chapel Choir
Winchester College Quiristers (trebles) have for over 625 years sung services in Winchester College Chapel. In modern times they have formed a choir (Winchester College Chapel Choir) renowned for its excellence, under the masterful direction of Malcolm Archer.
In addition to singing four services each week in the College Chapel, the Quiristers regularly broadcast and record. In recent years the Chapel Choir has sung in the USA, Canada, Germany, the Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Italy, France, Holland and Russia. They also perform a fascinating mix of both sacred and secular repertoire and regularly sing in London, where performances have included the BBC Promenade Concerts. They also frequently appear on TV and Radio. On three occasions since the Millennium, Quiristers have won the title of BBC Young Chorister of the Year, by any standards an outstanding record.
London Mozart Players
Founded by Harry Blech in 1949 as the UK’s rst chamber orchestra, the London Mozart Players (LMP) has achieved international renown for its outstanding live performances and CD recordings of the core Classical repertoire. Music Directors have included Gérard Korsten, Andrew Parrott, Matthias Bamert and Jane Glover, who grew and developed the orchestra’s strong Classical tradition. The LMP enjoys connections with Hilary Davan Wetton as Associate Conductor, and Howard Shelley as Conductor Laureate, and continues to work closely with many of the world’s nest conductors and soloists, including Tasmin Little and Anthony Marwood. In 2015 the LMP appointed cellist Laura van der Heijden as its rst Young Artist in Residence. The LMP also plays an active part in contemporary music, giving many world premières and commissioning new works, in recent years by composers including Sir Peter Maxwell Davies, Tarik O’Regan, Sally Beamish, Cecilia McDowall, Lynne Plowman, Fraser Trainer and Jonathan Dove. In March 2011 the LMP appointed Roxanna Panufnik as Associate Composer.
Touring is a major part of the orchestra’s schedule, with regular appearances at festivals and concert series throughout the UK and abroad. Recording has played a major part in the orchestra’s life for many years. A long relationship with Chandos includes many recordings of works by Haydn and Mozart and an acclaimed Contemporaries of Mozart series numbers over 20 CDs. New Naxos release Flowers of the Field in collaboration with City of London Choir, Roderick Williams and Hilary Davan Wetton reached No.1 in the Classical Album Charts. For an Unknown Soldier, a 2014 commission for choir, children’s choir and orchestra by Jonathan Dove marking the centenary of the start of World War I was released by Signum Records in October 2016.
The LMP has been committed to providing a platform for sharing the creative arts with schools and communities for over 25 years. LMP Voyager is the LMP’s education and community arm which allows music to inspire, educate & enrich communities through an extensive programme of work across the UK. In July 2016, the orchestra started a new exciting phase in their history as an orchestra managed by the players, relocating their o ces to the Church of St. John the Evangelist, Upper Norwood and embedding themselves within a community in the north of the Croydon borough. The orchestra’s inaugural concert at St. John the Evangelist was held in October 2016. LMP Voyager covers a vast programme of work including visiting schools and care homes to providing community concerts for elderly and image disabled people.
The LMP enjoys the patronage of HRH The Earl of Wessex.
- 21 Nov 2017 Handel: Neun Deutsche Arien “Engaging and colourful version of Handel’s sacred chamber music” (Robert Hugill ★★★★★)
- 4 Oct 2017 Mozart: Requiem “An appealing, lively and fresh, [the musicians] coping with the technical demands admirably…” (Robert Hugill ★★★★)
- 25 Sep 2017 Mozart’s Requiem “Musical Education at it’s best” (Adrian Green)
- 29 Aug 2017 Margaret Rizza: “The renowned composer of Christian choral music” (Cross Rhythms)
- 11 Aug 2017 “Words alone cannot begin to describe the emotional and dramatic content of this outstanding programme…” Angels of Creation (Organist’s Review – Editor’s Choice)